1 EAGLETON NOTES: Telephonic Communication

.

.

Sunday 8 May 2011

Telephonic Communication

When I returned home the quality of the telephone line was poor.  No, that's being too charitable, it was terrible.  So on Friday afternoon I rang British Telecom who provide my service and spoke to a lovely lady, Rebecca, by name.  As soon as I spoke to her she said "Well, I don't have to ask what fault you are phoning to report.".  She said that she would run a test and phone me on my cellphone.  A few minutes later she duly reported that there were several faults on the line and that it would be fixed by 5pm on 11 May.  "It'll probably be well before that, though.".   Sure enough on Saturday morning as we were having breakfast the engineer rang to check I was in as he was about to set off to investigate.  By midday I had a new line in the house and a junction between the exchange and my house which had water ingress had been replaced.  I had a good phone again.  My Broadband speed had also improved from appalling to just plain bad (I'm too far from the exchange to expect much better than that).  So many people complain about their telephone provider that I thought that I would just post a big 'Thank you' to BT!

3 comments:

  1. Yea! A big hand for those who keep us connected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a weekend and all. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So frustrating to try to talk through a bad connection!
    Happy gabbing!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.