1 EAGLETON NOTES: Eagles Galore

.

.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Eagles Galore

Viv had never seen an eagle in its natural surroundings.  Today she saw four, perhaps five.  We went to Harris.  The first two golden eagles were soaring very high above the hills on the Lewis and Harris border of Loch Seaforth (so high, in fact that at times I lost sight of them), then two were being chased by hooded crows a little further on over the climb towards the Clisham and the last possible sighting was down at the Southern tip of Harris at Lingerbay.  OK I promise not to post any more eagles until I have something really spectacular to show you.



Golden Eagle being chased by two hooded crows

12 comments:

  1. The Eagles? How much do I dislike The Eagles? Hotel California - pah ! Oops, wrong eagles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Marcel, I rather like The Eagles too. Perhaps I'll play them for you next week when you are here.

      Delete
  2. "...until I have something really spectacular to show you," he says!
    Graham, this must be the understatement of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely is! I can't even get decent shots of hawks, which is what I see other than the regular birds at my feeder. However, I have seen an eagle at my son's place.

      Delete
    2. That's very kind of you Meike and Norma.

      Delete
  3. You don't give yourself enough credit my friend....love those eagles....they're truly beautiful creatures. We don't have them here, but I'm enjoying looking at yours.
    Marcel, now I've got Hotel California running through my mind. "you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave...", then the guitar man goes into overdrive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Virginia, now it's spread to me as well.

      Delete
  4. Virginia, that's The Eagles. Total earworm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are better then any I've got. I have got one almost full frame but it's blurry and bum on. I was pleased with it.
    They are a wonderful sight but showing three together is inviting DEFRA to start organising a cull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, if they are better than your best then it must be because of opportunity. You'll just have to come to the Highland and Islands for a spell. I love your DEFRA comment. I'd better be careful in future.

      Delete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.