1 EAGLETON NOTES: Wirral to Devon

.

.

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Wirral to Devon

I started telling you about our journey.  It rained.  I rained heavily for a lot of the journey.  We were held up twice by overturned lorries.  Near Monmouth on the A40 we were held up for about 45 minutes.  I find it fascinating that yesterday I had things to tell you about the journey but now they all seem irrelevant so I shall start on the next post instead.

Oh, by the way, the Dependable Bodies was a notice on the back of this lorry in the Monmouth hold-up:


4 comments:

  1. Well, at least you did not have to make the journey on foot or horseback, but were snug and dry in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true Meike. I've done nearly 1000 miles since I left home. Progress on foot or by horse would have been slower and decidedly less pleasant. A classic case of the Glad Game being played, thanks.

      Delete
  2. The things that fascinate the human mind. I wonder what Geoffrey would have thought. (Geoffrey who? - G. of Monmouth, of course. The holdups must have been so different in his day!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Monica, if any thinking was going to be done G of M would have been doing it. I'm sure that he never envisaged anything remotely like today's Monmouth though.

      Delete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.