1 EAGLETON NOTES: Worra Wouser Day

.

.

Monday 27 June 2011

Worra Wouser Day

What a great day it's been.  Now many people may think that what I am about to say doesn't back up the statement I've just made but for me it truly does.

Firstly the sun shone all day and there was a force 3 to 4 wind all day too.  The temperature even managed to get up to 15℃ for a while although it felt colder in the wind.  The butterflies were flying though so it was over 12℃.  This meant that it was ideal for drying washing and it kept the midges away so I could work in the garden.

So by lunchtime I had four loads of washing done and almost dry. 


 
I spent a lot of the day in the garden and made a start on cleaning the Nighthawk's paintwork ready for a good waxing.  I also ironed all the washing and watched Wimbledon.

Andy Murray is through to the quarter finals.

Tonight as the sun went down (about 1020 pm) I came to bed to write this post, make a phone call to Canada and perhaps read.


In fact by 2345 I had done most of the things except made the phone call and read.  I had, however, managed to fall asleep for a while.

I'm tired.  Very tired.

Night night.

5 comments:

  1. A good day........a beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me! (as long as it is not I who have to hang all that washing) Hope you slept well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning sunset!
    When I lived in the rural areas, and I could hang out washing, I lost inches in a troublesome spot. Can't do that where I live now, so it's more work than I like slimming it down.
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly appreciate the "good day to dry washing" day!!! We five produce an awful lot.
    Dry, folded and ironed?

    Phew............very satisfying :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something very cheerful about clothes flapping on the clothesline. And look at your reward at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.