1 EAGLETON NOTES: Wheatear on Post

.

.

Friday 6 May 2011

Wheatear on Post

I spent a few minutes here trying to think up an interesting name for this post.  Couldn't.  So I thought I'd do what the artists do.  Then I realised that what I wrote wasn't strictly accurate.  But wotthehellarchiewotthehell.  OK so I now have a surfeit of Wheatears.  In Henry VIII's time it would have been eaten before these could have been taken.  These were shot (with a camera you understand) through the kitchen window which had, fortunately, been cleaned since I returned to Eagleton.







8 comments:

  1. A good job you cleaned the windows. Grand shots of a lovely bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots, love the contrast with the blue in the background. Another bird I've never heard of - I thought until I looked up the Swedish name. That I've heard, but I would not have been able to say what it looked like. Now remains to be seen how long I'll remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what DawnTreader said, except for the language. Never heard of this bird. But that's why I enjoy reading blogs from elsewhere to enlighten myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice shots, especially the in-flight take-off.
    We don't see wheatears near the City where we are, but we do have a similar Cape Robin - most beautiful 5:00am wake-up calls: teeu teetoo, teeu tiddley-too, teeu teetoo then a brief pause.
    First class photos, especially through window panes! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. It is a beautiful bird. It doesn't have much of a song at all. James, just a sort of feeble squeaky warble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing those photos did me good. Opening morning of shooting season and at after mid-day the neighbour is still at it. Poor, poor birds (not just the ducks) and I'm feeling quite demented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a beautiful bird! I love the markings. I think he was posing for you! Reminds me of a Cedar Waxwing, which I have also never seen.
    I have to go wash my windows now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots - love the one in flight.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.