1 EAGLETON NOTES: Tilly and Millie

.

.

Sunday 12 September 2010

Tilly and Millie

A friend, Viv, has two Bearded Collies or Beardies (a herding breed of dog, once used primarily by Scottish shepherds, but now mostly a popular family companion). When I came to write this I suddenly realised that I had no idea how to spell 'Tilly and Millie' so it could be 'Tilly and Milly' or 'Tillie and Millie'. Qui sait? Everyone who knows me knows that I love animals despite my gruff exterior and the reputation that Spesh attributes to me. Occasionally I have difficulty when they decide to lick me. I'm not a lollipop and Friend Who Knows Too Much trained me to repel advances from her collie on health grounds. Imagine my surprise then when I actually didn't mind in the slightest when I was at a friend's recently and was licked enthusiastically. I'd just been swimming in her pool (which is chlorinated with salt) so I suspect it was the salt they were after and not me! So when I get home, Spesh, perhaps Briagha can just lick to her heart's content.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, aren't they beautiful. But they must be a nightmare to keep clean and groomed. Obviously they are much loved!
    And the rough exterior - where do you keep it hidden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit big and hairy for my van but beautiful.
    Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh..."I'm not a lollipop." That is such a cute and nice way to say it.

    Yeah...as much as I love dogs and critters, I don't like their stinky breathe tongues licking me.

    These are some beautiful pooch's, Graham. I'd love to ruffle their fur and bear hug them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up with your blog.

    Briagha can't wait for you to get home so that she can deliver a really sloppy kiss to your knees!! Or will it be too cold for you to wear your pink shorts?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful creatures. I see you are covering both bases in your title.

    WV is paryoic: a feeling of dislike of being kissed by dogs

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.