1 EAGLETON NOTES: Stonechat and Rock Pipit

.

.

Monday 17 August 2009

Stonechat and Rock Pipit

There has been a greater variety of birds in the garden over the last week. Or perhaps it's that I've been here to see them which just makes me think there are more. Anyway these two appeared yesterday. I think that the first two photos are of a Rock Pipit because it is much darker than the Meadow Pipits which I usually see in the garden.

Rock Pipit

Looking slightly bemused

This little fellow puzzled me for a while but I've decided that he is a very young Stonechat - unless anyone has other views?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, GB!
    I think that today I would have had to agree with the "mood" of the second little guy.
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are right - a young Stonechat.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.