1 EAGLETON NOTES: Dream It. Do It.

.

.

Monday 31 August 2009

Dream It. Do It.

I have been wandering in and out of Jen's blog Jennifer Photography for some months now. It's an excellent blog but I am afraid of getting sucked into too many more blogs because I have only 18 hours a day available to me!! Yesterday Scriptor gave her a very well-deserved award for photographic excellence. That made me return to her blog primarily to make a comment but I wandered further.

I used to have reasonable tourist German from my many stays there but, although I could work out the words, I could not work out the meaning of the Goethe quote on Jen's blog. Today I decided to apply my mind to it. The translation programs didn't help me. The quote is: Was immer du tun kannst oder wovon du traeumst - fange es an. I have now worked out that it translates as: Whatever you can do or whatever you dream, begin it.

That's not usually my problem. I begin lots of things that I can do and lots of things that I dream of being able to do. My problem is finishing the projects once started.

6 comments:

  1. I think I fit Jen's quote more. I dream and dream but don't begin. If I began it I would probably finish it because I hate leaving things unfinished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do both :) - Dream and dream, do some without finishing, finish some that I've begun.

    Is that balance? I don't know, but it sure does seem that many of my thoughts do not come to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do the Finnish do?
    All my life I've had dreams, usually no matter how unpopular it makes me I pursue them. This is apparently not dreaming it's selfish and stubborn and several more things best left out of a respectable blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lot in it. There is always a First Step, however small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if we don't have our dreams what do we have?

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.