1 EAGLETON NOTES: Back in Eagleton

.

.

Sunday 27 April 2008

Back in Eagleton

Where are the saucepans? They should be in a pull-out drawer next to the sink. But the pull-out drawer is on the other side of the kitchen. Ah. There shouldn't be another side to the kitchen. Wrong kitchen.

The strange thing is that, when I woke up on Friday morning having had only just over 5 hours sleep since I arrived home, I knew exactly where I was. So why during the day could I not find things in a house I'd lived in for so many years?

I have come to the conclusion that my Geminian personality is running true to form and I really have adapted to having two lives, two homes (before I'd been living in a temporary home now I have a permanent home in New Zealand - one to which I will be returning in 6 month's time).

When I went to the Co-op in town on Saturday morning I was quite surprised to realise how much of a stranger I felt.

But all this will pass and in a few days. That will be just in time for me to leave the Island to go to a niece's wedding and then bring my Brother - CJ - back here for a while.

So there we are the first of the new postings on this Blog. Hopefully the next one will be a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.